Monday, August 31, 2009

Life in the Fast Lane

I have decided recently that if I had my druthers, I would not choose to live life in the fast lane. I actually do well under pressure and get a LOT done, but I don't think my nerves do well. This summer has been a really crazy one. Last summer, we had so many things that were planned to happen (a new granddaughter, a wedding). This summer, we just kind of went with the flow, so to speak, and it turned out to be almost busier than last summer. I am having a hard time believing tomorrow it is already September of 2009! Wow, how can that be? My work has been insanely busy, and I am really thankful for the work, but sometimes I feel like all I do is type. Actually, some days, that IS all I do. I feel like a typing zombie at times. People laugh when I tell them that after typing for an entire day, when I watch TV, I find that my fingers are typing everything that people are saying on a show. I know it sounds weird, but I type what I hear. I just figured out today that over the course of this year, I have typed 132,578 lines, and that is only taking into account the typing I do for my job and get paid for. Not even the typing I do in for my timesheets, emails, Facebook, or any other time. I guess it's a good thing that I love typing, huh? I will say, however, that I don't love typing as much as I love to travel, hence, the title of my blog. The best thing about working from home is that I can do it whenever and I can also take a few minutes every once in a while to dream about traveling on my next trip. So far, I don't know when that will be, but it is still fun to dream!

2 comments:

Libby Design said...

Mom, I SO hear ya on the feeling tired of working thing. I'm on pace to have the best year since I branched out on my own (so much for the recession, huh?) and right now I'm feeling like I want to do anything BUT work. I love what I do, but it does get overwhelming at times! I was just thinking the other day...isn't it funny/cool that 50% of our immediate family is self-employed? :D

On a different note, hopefully on one of your next travels we'll be able to join you!!

jodi said...

Becky - I am just now catching up on your blog! How fun and touching to read about your mom and dad. What a treasure to have such godly parents....and I would say that they taught you well. In the next couple weeks we will enjoy some life in the slower lane and get together for dinner. Love you!!