Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Long Time, No Write...

So, I'm back again...finally! The last time I wrote here, I was looking forward to our trip to Florida. Well, it was a WONDERFUL trip and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The weather was gorgeous and I couldn't get enough of the sun. It was absolutely beautiful and very restful. We had time to spend with our friends from church also, which was nice. It gave us a lot of time to walk on the beach and visit with them. We also took in a few other adventures with them and had some great food in the meantime! We even bought some shrimp from one of the little stores down by the docks and enjoyed it for several nights, as we were able to cook in the little house we rented. That was definitely the way to go (renting a house) as opposed to staying in a motel. I still think about being in Florida most days, but am also glad to be home and thankful for a beautiful home we have. We are so blessed and I thank the Lord every day for His bounty He has allowed us to enjoy in our life!



It took me two solid weeks to catch up on my typing when I got back home from Florida, but it was well worth the time off. I am still thankful for my job. I love working from home and it has been something else I am very thankful for. If anyone had told me eight years ago I would some day have my dream job, I would not have believed them. God's timing is ALWAYS way better than anything I could have ever imagined.



Now, I am dreaming of summertime and my garden. I have two little basil plants that I have been trying to nurse along and grow. I am not sure they will make it. I also have some basil seed, lavender seed, and pepper seeds I want to start in the house, but am not sure if they will make it either. Of course, my long-time dream is to have a greenhouse...maybe some day. When we were in Florida, we stopped at a local plant sale and you should have seen the beautiful plants they had!! They had lots and lots of beautiful herbs that I would have loved to have for my own garden. I just couldn't figure out how to haul them home on the plane! Oh well, soon I will be able to plant and have my garden to work in. I am also looking forward to having some warmer weather to sit outside and enjoy our deck. That is one perk of living where we do. We have a beautiful backyard to enjoy. Oh, and the birds are back and I wake every morning listening to their beautiful songs! There was one this morning that I recognized, but could not identify. It was really loud and raucous...hmmm. Too bad my mother-in-law isn't around. She would have been able to identify the call for me.



Enough for now. I hope to keep more current on my posts. Ta!

1 comment:

Libby Design said...

I'm glad you guys had fun in Florida - it was fun talking with you over lunch about your trip a couple weeks ago. As far as your garden this summer, you'll have two little helpers every time we come up to visit. The kids favorite sand toy at the beach has been the little watering can...so we'll have to make sure we get them each their own to have at Grandma Becky's house!! :)

Love you guys! Talk to ya soon!